Kiffin and friends to host Nike Clinic

For the first time since arriving in Los Angeles, head coach Lane Kiffin will have the opportunity to speak without biting his tongue for the press and talk about what he knows best — football.

At the seventh annual USC Football/Nike Coach of the Year Southern California Coaches Clinic on April 9 and 10, Kiffin, along with assistant coaches Ed Orgeron, Monte Kiffin, Joe Bery, Willie Mack Garza and James Cregg, will host a two day clinic offering expertise to Southern California football coaches of every level.

This will be the first USC Football/Nike Clinic hosted without Pete Carroll.

The $165 weekend includes speeches from almost the entire USC coaching staff, Oregon head coach Chip Kelly, Harvard’s Tim Murphy, prominent high school coaches, position specific film sessions, and, of course, a “coaches social hour” to conclude the first day.  Guests will also be invited to attend a USC spring football practice at Howard Jones Field.

The clinic, one of 20 held by Nike throughout the country, has sold out for the past six years.  Coaches, as well as those interested in learning about Kiffin and the new staff, are encouraged to reserve seats early.

Last year Nike reports said nearly 13,000 high school coaches attended 19 national clinics held by 71 Division 1A head coaches.  This year, the Galen Center Pavilion is expected to sell out to local youth, high school, and college level coaches for the seventh consecutive year.