McCoy fails drug test

Departing USC senior tight end Anthony McCoy tested positive for marijuana use in an NFL-sanctioned drug screening at the NFL combine, FoxSports.com reported late Sunday.

McCoy, who was projected to be a mid- to late-round draft prospect, reportedly told teams several weeks ago of the positive result, hoping that honesty would be the best option in the situation.

Each year a confidential list of failed tests from the combine are distributed to the teams, but McCoy’s agency, Priority Sports and Entertainment attempted to preempt the report.

In McCoy’s senior season, the California-native caught 22 passes for 457 yards and one touchdown before an ankle injury slowed him down during the later half of the season.

Many prospects have tested positive for banned substances at the combine in the past and have still seen their draft stocks remain unaffected.

Defensive end Luis Castillo admitted to using steroids before the 2005 draft and was still selected in the first round of the draft by the San Diego Chargers.

Fox Sports revealed that Georgia Tech running back Jonathan Dwyer’s also failed the drug screening at the combine.

1. drugtesting99
    drugtesting99 says:

Nice blog! Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I got some good information that is In McCoy’s senior season, the California-native caught 22 passes for 457 yards and one touchdown before an ankle injury slowed him down during the later half of the season. Thank you