Charlie Sheen hospitalized

The 45-year-old actor equally known for his work on the highly-rated CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men and his hard-partying antics was rushed to Cedar-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles Thursday morning for severe abdominal pains, according to TMZ.

The 911 call was placed shortly after 6:30 a.m., and at 7 a.m. paramedics arrived at Sheen’s Beverly Hills mansion, where he was seen wheeled out of his house on a stretcher with a towel partially covering his face, TMZ reports. Sheen was joined in the Cedar-Sinai emergency room by his parents, Martin Sheen and Jane Templeton and ex-wife Denise Richards.

Charlie Sheen | Creative Commons

An undisclosed source told TMZ Thursday morning that Sheen’s condition was “serious,” however, test results concluded that the intense stomach pains were caused by a hiatal hernia — which is easily treatable. He was treated for his symptoms and released from the hospital Thursday night, according to the LA Times via The Insider.

Sheen has been notorious for his tabloid fodder for months now, his most wild stint occurring last October, when the trouble actor threw a raging, cocaine-fueled fit in a New York City restaurant then subsequently trashed his hotel room, witnessed by his high-priced escort for the evening.

Sheen’s hospitalization Thursday also followed a night of heavy partying that allegedly included the company of several adult film stars. TMZ reports that 22-year-old Kacey Jordan was invited to Sheen’s home to “party” on Tuesday night, but left Wednesday afternoon. The party apparently continued, as neighbors told TMZ they heard music and “women singing” from Wednesday night to early morning Thursday. Two women were also reportedly seen leaving Sheen’s residence as the paramedics arrived.

There have also been reports of heavy cocaine use throughout the 36-hour binge, however, The Hollywood Reporter states Sheen has denied drug use.

Since Two and a Half Men is currently on a scheduled hiatus this week, the show’s production has not been immediately affected. Today, publicist Stan Rosenfield announced that Sheen will return to set on Tuesday when the sitcom’s hiatus ends.

Although Sheen’s uninhibited debauchery has taken a toll on both the actor’s health and reputation, it seems to never cause a riff in his professional life. According to The Hollywood Reporter, studio execs have been waiting for a reason to get Sheen to seek professional help and possibly shut down Two and a Half Men so the actor can enter rehab. But a source told THR that despite his shameless drug-and-alcohol abuse, Sheen has continually “showed up and done his job. Everyone likes him. He’s professional.”