USC v. UCLA fitness competition to air on MTV

USC will go head to head with UCLA in this semester’s edition of mtvU’s “Student Bodies.” The competition will be aired in a series of installments starting Oct. 31 on mtvU and mtvU.com. The winning team of the competition will earn an all-expenses-paid trip to mtvU’s Spring Break 2012, held in Las Vegas.

Two participants from each school will act as a team to increase their fitness levels in competitions over the course of six weeks. Celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson, creator of the “Core Secrets” home fitness workout, will oversee each participant and aid them in achieving their goals. Previous seasons of “Student Bodies” comprise three episodes, each around seven minutes in length, covering the competition.

The show brands itself as a new way to “take [your] fitness up a notch,” and casting calls asked for students who needed extra help in reaching their fitness goals, whether that was completing a “marathon, physical competition, or looking to win the intramural league championship.”

Previously, the show pitted two teams of two from the same school against one another to compete for a Spring Break trip, meaning this rivalry showing of USC against UCLA is new.

MTV advertises its casting calls on its website and on the mtvU channels. For more information tune in to mtvU tomorrow to watch the premiere of “Student Bodies: USC v. UCLA.”