Nothing’s gonna stop The Darkness comeback

If you believe in a thing called The Darkness, better head over to their website and check out their brand new song and music video  “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now,” the first new material they have released in nearly seven years since their sophomore album One Way Ticket To Hell…And Back. The song is available as a free download on their website.

In addition to the release of a new song, singer and frontman Justin Hawkins recently said the band is close to completing their third album. While it’s not certified that “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” is going to be included in the nine songs on this upcoming album, it’s clear that The Darkness is back.

The band broke up in 2006 when Justin Hawkins had to split for rehab due to his cocaine abuse. The band was put on hiatus and the rest of the band members formed Stone Gods while Hawkins fronted Hot Leg for a couple years after getting out of rehab. This interval was filled with rumors of the band reuniting which finally – and thankfully – became the truth in 2011, when the band hit the road again, first performing at the Download Festival and playing a small selection of new songs that included “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now.”

Hawkins says that the band is almost done with the new album, which is tentatively set to be released March 17th, his birthday.

“Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” is more mellow than their previous work and its subdued energy is a bit disappointing for the first song they’ve released in six and a half years. The song also sounds pretty modern. Old fans expecting their typical 80’s glam rock revival better prepare for something a little more indie-sounding. Still, it’s certainly nice to hear Justin Hawkin’s peacockish falsetto again. Hopefully there are better things to come on the next album and if there are, nothing’s gonna stop The Darkness’ comeback.