Harberts recognized for efforts this regular season

Junior forward Cassie Harberts’ impressive season was recognized by the Pac-12, earning her a spot on the 2013 All-Pac-12 team for the first time in her career. Harberts, who earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention last season and was a member of the Pac-10 All-Freshman team, led the Women of Troy with 17.9 points (45th in the nation), 8.1 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on the season. She accounted for 268 out of USC’s 609 free-throw attempts, making 187 of those attempts, and led the NCAA in free-throw attempts. She also finished with 10 double-doubles on the season to give her 16 for her career and scored in double-digits in every game except for one.

Lone bright spot · Junior forward Cassie Harberts (above) was the team’s leader in points, rebounds and blocks per game this season. — Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan

Harberts ranks in the top 10 in scoring, rebounds and blocks in the Pac-12 and has started every game since she was a freshman. She was the Pac-12 player of the week on Jan. 7 and became the 24th Trojan to break the 1,000-point mark on Jan. 13 against Washington State. She has 1,253 points for her career, which ranks 16th all-time at USC. She is fifth all-time in free throws made with 407.

Sophomore guard Ariya Crook also earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention, while freshman guard Brianna Barrett earned a spot on the All-Freshman and All-Defensive honorable mention teams. Crook finished the season averaging 13.4 points and three assists per game (10th in the conference) serving mostly in a reserve role and scored in double-digits in 20 games this season. She ranks eighth all-time with 54 3-pointers in a single season. Barrett led the team with 3.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game this season, starting in 19 of USC’s 29 games.