Denzil Suite moving to head UW Student Affairs

The University of Washington announced May 22 that Denzil Suite, USC’s associate vice president for Student Affairs, will serve as the UW Vice President for Student Life starting July 29, pending approval from the university’s board of regents.

This follows Michael L. Jackson, USC’s vice president for Student Affairs for nearly two decades, February announcement that he would retire. Suite has held the No. 2 position under Jackson.

Student Affairs includes departments ranging from Student Publications, which oversees the Daily Trojan, to Greek Life, as well as the Office for International Students, El Centro Chicano, the Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs and the Asian Pacific American Student Services.

The Provost’s Office will make several structural changes to Student Affairs effective for 2013-14, following a yearlong review.

Suite, who holds a Ph.D. in Policy and Organization from USC, has worked at USC since 2003, and served as associate dean of Student Affairs from 2000 to 2001. He served as dean for Student Affairs at UC Santa Cruz between 2001 and 2003.

Suite has also worked at Student Affairs departments at Berkeley and UCLA.

Suite’s annual salary at UW will be $250,000, according to a statement from the university.

1. USC parent
    USC parent says:

This is a wonderful opportunity to give USC a fresh start to elevate the social environment to one consistent with USC’s tremendous growth in academic stature over the past decades. Selection of proven professionals who can respond to the current challenges USC faces as it evolves from a top party school to a top university will be crucial.

2. USC Mom w/ Greek Son
    USC Mom w/ Greek Son says:

Mr. Suite,

Thanks for all you have done to make SC a better place! We were lucky to have you.

God Bless!