Haute Highlights

Red Bull Flugtag

Sept. 21, 10 a.m.

Rainbow Harbor,

Downtown Long Beach

The word “flugtag” in German means airshow, and the Red Bull Flugtag is an airshow … sort of. The annual event features outlandishly designed airships to be exhibited at the Rainbow Harbor in downtown Long Beach. Contestants will “fly” their airships as they launch off a 30-foot ramp and crash into the Pacific Ocean below, usually completely wrecking months of hard work. Join thousands of spectators at the harbor and take in the glorious spectacle of existential crisis this weekend.

Dance Downtown

Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.

The summer is winding down, and The Music Center is gearing up for the final edition of Dance Downtown at Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles. Grab a light picnic-style dinner from nearby Grand Central Market and get ready to dance the samba. Free beginner samba lessons will be provided on a first come, first served basis.

75th Annual Chinatown

Harvest Moon Festival

Sept. 21, 5 p.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Corner of Cesar Chavez and N. Broadway

No, it’s not quite Lunar New Year yet, but Chinatown is having its Harvest Moon Festival this weekend. Sample sweet, crumbly mooncakes from various Chinatown bakeries and enjoy live cooking demos by chefs from some of Chinatown’s favorite restaurants. There will be lion dances, kung-fu and a Baccarat lounge hosted by The Venetian and The Palazzo. There will be no shortage of things to do and you definitely don’t have to speak Chinese to have a good time.

M83 at the Hollywood Bowl

2301 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA

Sept. 22, 7:00 p.m.

French-born electronic artist Anthony Gonzalez, better known by his stage name M83, will be playing the Hollywood Bowl this weekend. The Grammy-nominated musician will be joined by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, infusing his usual electro-synth, ambient pop with live instrumentation. New York-electronic-pop-duo Phantogram will open the show, which promises to be a unique musical experience.

Follow Euno on Twitter @eunowhat