USC recruit ranked as a top-five Canadian player

USC basketball recruit Jabari Craig, who verbally committed to play for the Trojans under new coach Andy Enfield on Oct. 10, is getting more recognition as a potential difference-maker in USC’s recruiting class.

North Pole Hoops has Craig ranked fifth in their top-10 list of Canadian players for the class of 2014.

“From a physical standpoint, there are not many prospects in the country (Canada or U.S.) with his attributes, in that Craig, at 6’10” possesses size, big time athleticism, mobility, shot-blocking and glimpses of an offensive skill set,” North Pole Hoops said of Craig. “On the flipside, he is relatively raw, but if he ever turns the corner in his development, Craig is the type that can leave a serious imprint on his college career.”

Before verbally committing to USC, Craig visited Arizona State in September, according to Yahoo! Sports, and was also considering attending Louisville, Ohio State, Marquette, Texas and Old Dominion.

The 6-foot-10, 215-pound center has bounced around North America — he’s from Toronto, Canada, is currently attending Fishburne Military Academy in Waynesboro, Va., and played last season for Tucker High School (Georgia) while averaging 8.5 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 blocks.

Craig, who will just be playing his fourth organized season of basketball this upcoming year, is ranked as a three-star recruit by both Rivals and ESPN.

He was invited to Canada’s Junior National Team training camp in an attempt to represent his home country in the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship. Craig was not selected to the 12-person roster, but did get to play there alongside the consensus No. 1 prospect of the 2013 class, Andrew Wiggins, who will be a freshman at Kansas this season.

Craig currently comprises one-third of the Trojans’ recruiting class for the class of 2014, joining four-star point guard Jordan McLaughlin of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. and four-star power forward Malik Price-Martin of Miami, Fla.

Follow Will on Twitter @WillLaws