Seven Trojans earn All-Pac-12 honors

Sophomore defensive end Leonard Williams and junior center Marcus Martin headlined 18 different USC players selected to All-Pac-12 teams that were announced by the conference Monday morning.

Williams and Martin were the only Trojans to earn All-Pac-12 First Team honors on defense and offense, respectively, and redshirt sophomore fullback Soma Vainuku made All-Pac-12 First Team as a special teams player after blocking three punts for USC this season.

Williams was second on the team in sacks (6) and tackles (73), an impressive feat for a defensive lineman. Martin, a three-year starter, was the linchpin of the Trojans’ offensive line before suffering a major knee injury in the team’s regular season finale against UCLA on Saturday.

Redshirt senior outside linebacker Devon Kennard, redshirt junior linebacker Hayes Pullard and redshirt junior safety Dion Bailey represented USC on the conference’s second team defense. Kennard led USC in sacks (9), Pullard was the team’s leading tackler (89) and Bailey led the squad in interceptions (5).

Sophomore wide receiver Nelson Agholor made the second team as a return specialist after returning two punts for touchdowns against California on Nov. 9 and averaging 21.6 yards per return.

Agholor also earned All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention as a wide receiver, along with junior Marqise Lee, who had an injury-plagued 2013 campaign after winning the Biletnikoff Award as the best receiver in the nation in 2012.

Agholor led the team in all receiving categories with 51 receptions, 824 receiving yards and four touchdowns, while Lee had 50 receptions, 673 yards and two touchdowns.

The other offensive players to earn All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention were redshirt sophomore tailback Javorius “Buck” Allen, redshirt sophomore quarterback Cody Kessler, redshirt junior tight end Xavier Grimble, redshirt senior tackle Kevin Graf and sophomore guard Max Tuerk.

Defensive players to earn honorable mention include freshman safety Su’a Cravens, redshirt junior defensive back Josh Shaw, redshirt junior defensive end George Uko and junior defensive end J.R. Tavai. Redshirt sophomore punter Kris Albarado rounded out the honorable mention selections.

The Trojans finished the regular season 9-4 (6-3), good for third place in the Pac-12 South behind Arizona State and UCLA.

Follow Will on Twitter @WillLaws