Hagglund headlines All-Pac-12 selections

Four members of the volleyball team were named to the all-conference team on Tuesday when the Pac-12 announced its 2013 postseason awards.

Three-peat · On Tuesday, senior libero Natalie Hagglund was named the Pac-12’s Libero of the Year for the third straight season. - William Ehart | Daily Trojan

Three-peat · On Tuesday, senior libero Natalie Hagglund was named the Pac-12’s Libero of the Year for the third straight season. – William Ehart | Daily Trojan

Senior libero Natalie Hagglund was honored as Libero of the Year for the third consecutive year since the award’s inception in 2011, and freshman outside hitter Ebony Nwanebu was voted Pac-12 Freshman of the Year by the 12 coaches in the conference. She is the third Trojan freshman to win the award in four years.

On the Pac-12 All-Conference Team, sophomore outside hitter Samantha Bricio joins Hagglund and Nwanebu, along with senior middle blocker Alexis Olgard, who was first recognized last season with an honorable mention.

The Women of Troy had the most players on the all-conference team, ahead of Stanford’s three.

Nwanebu also earned a spot on the All-Freshman Team with setter Alice Pizzasegola, while All-Freshman honorable mention went to outside hitter Elise Ruddins.

Hagglund has the most digs in the league and is 14th in the nation with 5.43 per game. She is also USC’s all-time career leader in digs with 2,292. This season, Hagglund is the 10th USC athlete to be recognized with three all-conference awards in her career.

Nwanebu has won a league-record of six Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors this season.

The sixth-seeded Women of Troy finished the season with a 16-4 Pac-12 record. The team begins postseason play on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Galen Center against New Hampshire in the first round of the NCAA tournament.