HAUTE Highlights

2nd Annual LA Bacon Fest

Saturday, Feb. 8,

2 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Petersen Automotive Museum

This Saturday, channel your inner Ron Swanson and head over to the 2nd Annual LA Bacon Fest. This event will feature dozens of restaurants and bakeries frying up delicious bacon-themed sweet and savory dishes. Tickets to this event won’t be sold at the door, so make sure to get tickets in advance on eventbrite.com.

Young The Giant

Friday, Feb. 7, 8 p.m.

Hollywood Palladium

Looking for a concert to attend this Friday? Grab a cardigan and head over to the Hollywood Palladium for a triple dose of indie: Young the Giant, Cayucas and Vance Joy. Headliner Young the Giant will be playing songs off their most recently released album, Mind Over Matter, which hit record stores last month.

Hamburg Ballet Liliom

Segerstrom Center for the Arts

Friday, Feb. 7 and Saturday, Feb. 8, 7:30 p.m.,

Sunday Feb. 9, 2 p.m.

Having led Germany’s Hamburg Ballett for four decades, American choreographer John Neumeier doesn’t need your validation to know he’s the go-to guy when it comes to crafting dazzling, dramatic performances that only enhance the story-telling behind them. Liliom dates back to the Great Depression and tells the story of a tough troublemaker who is sent back from purgatory to help both a child in need and the woman he’s always loved.

Tenacious D

The Echo

Sunday, Feb. 9, 8 p.m.

Who would want to miss a band that claims to have written a “Tribute” to the best song in the word? Or who brought a giant, phallic, inflatable stage on tour with them? Or who has Jack Black in it? Not lead guitarist or vocalist Jack Black, that’s for sure, or the other lead guitarist and vocalist, Kyle Gass. The two of them make up Tenacious D, and the comedy rock duo will perform an acoustic set to benefit the Temple Israel of Hollywood on the small stage at The Echo.