Elections set new voter record

A record 6,258 students voted in the Undergraduate Student Government elections this year.

Andrew Menard and Rini Sampath, the online editor of the Daily Trojan, won the president and vice president election, with a total of 2,789 votes. Logan Heley and AJ Pinto came in second place, with a total of 1,871 votes, while James White and Brigid Kelly came in third place with a total of 1,232 votes.

For the Greek ballot results, Providence Illisevich came in with a total of 1,288 votes for Greek senator. Logan Burkhead came in second with a total of 1,278 votes and Devon Chiapello came in third with a total of 1,073 votes.

For the residential ballot results, Aziz Akbari came in with the most votes, a total of 1,589. Maddie Lees came in second with 1,330 votes, and Brandon Chang came in third with 1,241 votes. Samantha Cheng, Logan Childers and Christine Hasrouni came in fourth, fifth and sixth, with 1,132 votes, 1,119 votes and 1,030 votes, respectively.

In regards to the commuter ballot results, Brianna Thorpe and Hayden Smith tied for first with a total number of 165 votes each. Michael Johnson came in third, with 131 votes, while Samuel Cascante came in fourth with 109 votes and Vong Xavier Nguyen came in fifth with a total of 101 votes.

Olivia Diamond, USG senior director of communications, said that USG was very proud of the improvement in student voting.

“USG is very happy with the increased voter turnout,” she said. “Having more people vote shows the new promotional efforts were successful.”