Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Saturday, March 1, and Tuesday, March 4. 

Crimes against a person

at 8:27 p.m. on March 3, a non-USC female reported that an EMT pushed her to prevent her from entering an elevator inside the Keck Hospital of USC. The woman did not report the incident at the time it occurred so DPS officers were not able to question the EMT.

at 9:46 p.m. on March 3, a student reported that he was shot twice in the hand with a possible BB gun as he rode his bicycle past a vehicle on Adams Boulevard and Hoover Street. The student said he saw three people in the vehicle but did not see who shot him. The student sustained bruises on the palm of his hand.

Crimes against property

at 11:32 P.m. on March 1, a suspect shattered a garage door window at Alpha Rho Chi by throwing a brick at it.

at 8:49 p.m. on March 2, it was reported to DPS that a student found his bicycle to be missing at the Delta Chi fraternity house. The student watched video surveillance and discovered that another student had taken his bicycle. The student pressed no charges and had his bike returned.

at 12:10 a.m. on March 4, a suspect cut a hole in the convertible top of a vehicle to remove a pair of sunglasses. The vehicle was parked at 3110 Walton Ave.

at 1:44 p.m. on March 4, DPS responded to a student who had injured his ankle while walking down a flight of stairs at the Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center. He was then transported to the Student Health Center for treatment.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 8:36 a.m. on March 3, DPS officers responded to Mardi Gras Apartments to speak with a student at his parents’ request. The parents reported that the student was refusing to submit to medical tests recommended by his doctor. The officers cleared the scene after they were unable to transport the student for the tests.

at 1:59 a.m. on March 4, DPS officers detained a suspect loitering at the intersection of 28th Street and University Avenue. Officers found that the suspect was in possession of a pipe containing possible methamphetamine and a debit card which a student had reported stolen. The suspect was transported to Metropolitan Detention Center for booking.