USC Thornton announces new partnership

Earlier this week, the GRAMMY Museum named USC as its first official university partner, according to USC News. This new affiliation was created due to the museum’s long-established relationship with the USC Thornton School of Music.

“USC Thornton and the GRAMMY Museum have been working together for some time now, and it is great to formalize our partnership with the new affiliate program,” said Robert Cutietta, dean of  the Thornton School of Music, in a press release.

The new partnership will grant USC access to the GRAMMY Museum’s information for educational use, curriculum purposes, internship opportunities and more.

“USC’s designation as the first official GRAMMY Museum educational affiliate builds on a wonderful existing partnership,” Bob Santelli, executive director of the GRAMMY Museum, said in a press release. “As a proud USC alumnus, I couldn’t be more excited to continue to build a strong relationship with our neighbors in the USC community.”

The GRAMMY Museum contains tributes to many longstanding legacies in music. Located at LA Live, the museum has 30,000 square feet of exhibits.

Since opening in December 2008, the GRAMMY Museum has pushed for innovation with its acclaimed programs, interactive technology and unique exhibitions. The museum is looking for similarly minded institutions to collaborate with them as affiliates in order to further their mission and educational initiatives, according to the press release. More GRAMMY Museum university partners will be announced later this year.

An event will take place at noon on Thursday, April 24 at the Flora L. Thornton Carolwood Courtyard to honor the new affiliation.