USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Friday, May 30, and Monday, June 2. 

Crimes against a person

at 10:37 p.m. on May 30, officers responded when a suspect was threatening and attempting to assault two non-USC males and a non-USC female without provocation. The incident occurred at a food truck where they worked near Jefferson Boulevard and Budlong Avenue. The three subjects requested charges be pressed and the man was arrested and transported for booking.

at 2:29 a.m. on May 31, it was reported that two suspects approached a non-USC male at a bus stop on Adams Boulevard and Vermont Avenue and proceeded to punch him repeatedly. Once on the ground, the suspects began kicking him until DPS officers intervened. The two suspects then fled and could not be found during a subsequent search of the area. The man stated his wallet had been taken and he knew one of the suspects.

Crimes against property

at 5:47 a.m. on May 30, DPS officers responded to a stolen vehicle that was identified by the license plate recognition system. The officers pulled over the vehicle and arrested and transported the suspect to the 77th station for booking.

at 10:30 a.m. on May 30, DPS officers witnessed two suspects trespassing on 23rd Street during routine patrol. They detained them for investigation and upon checking their names, it was revealed that they both had outstanding warrants. They were then arrested and transported to the Metropolitan Detention Center for booking.

at 11:19 a.m. on May 31, it was reported that a suspect forced entry into a car through the front passenger side door . He removed the steering column and attempted unsuccessfully to start the car. The suspect also stole a speaker box, an amplifier and an in-dash stereo.

at 11:03 p.m. on June 2, it was reported that a suspect stole a student’s purse that they had left unattended from a bench at a downtown Metro train station.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 5:37 p.m. on June 1st it was reported that a suspect was masturbating at the John C. Argue Swim Stadium and DPS officers detained him. Upon checking the suspect’s name, he was found to have had an outstanding warrant and was arrested and transported for booking.

at 10:20 p.m. on June 1, DPS approached an intoxicated   non-USC male who was passed out on the sidewalk on 29th Street. They found him in possession of marijuana and he was arrested and transported for booking.