USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Thursday, June 12, and Tuesday, June 17. 

Crimes against a person

at 3:04 a.m. on June 14, it was reported that several males were involved in a physical altercation at 28th St and Figueroa St. A student and his friend told the officers they were kicked and punched by two suspects during an argument. The suspects fled once the officers arrived, and the two victims did not wish to press charges.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 4:14 p.m. on June 12, it was reported that a suspect was yelling obscenities and racial slurs to passersby at the Grace Ford Salvatori Hall. The suspect refused to leave after contacted by DPS officers, and she was arrested and transported for booking.

at 2:12 a.m. on June 15, a suspect was riding his bicycle without a light on the wrong side of the road, and was detained by DPS officers. A check of his name revealed an outstanding warrant, but upon further investigation it was revealed that the warrant was not his and he was released.

at 12:04 a.m. on June 17, DPS responded to a student who dropped a pot of boiling water on himself and burned his arm. A LAFD Unit responded and transported him for medical treatment.