USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Friday, June 20, and Monday, June 23. 

Crimes against a person

at 9:35 a.m. on June 20, it was reported that a student made a vaguely threatening statement to people in the office at the Engemann Student Health Center. Other students and a staff member also stated that they had continuous problems with the suspect’s behavior.

at 3:05 a.m. on June 23, it was reported that a staff member had his foot run over by a university vehicle driven by another staff member. The injured staff member was then transported for medical treatment.

Crimes against property

at 1:13 p.m. on June 20, it was reported that a suspect entered the General William Lyon University Center and removed a skateboard that was unattended from a skateboard rack.

at 7:58 p.m. on June 20, it was a reported that a suspect entered an apartment through an open window after removing a screen and stole two musical keyboards, a laptop computer, a camera and a microphone.

at 8:26 p.m. on June 20, it was reported that a suspect had used a fire extinguisher to break off the locks of two lockers in an unsecured locker room. The suspect stole money, an ID and various credit cards.

at 1:08 p.m. on June 21, it was reported that a suspect has been removing paper towels and toilet paper over the past nine months from a secured janitors closet in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center.

at 5:41 p.m. on June 23, a staff member reported that a suspect fled after the staff member had confronted the suspect about tampering with bicycle racks outside the Elisabeth Von Kleinsmid Memorial Residence Hall. The suspect could not be located by DPS officers.

at 10:22 p.m. on June 23, a student reported being sold a USC parking permit from another student, and subsequently learning that it was stolen.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 5:53  a.m. on June  21, a suspect crossed the street against a red light at Felix Chevrolet, and DPS found him to be in possession of a pipe, which contained residue of a controlled substance. The suspect was then arrested and transported for booking.

at 6:26  p.m. on June  21, DPS detained a suspect who was wanted for nine incidents of attempting to get people to deposit her bad checks into an ATM and give her cash in return. She was arrested and transported for booking.