USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Monday, Sept. 22, and Tuesday, Sept. 23. 

Crimes against property

at 11:10 A.M. on Sept. 22, two trailers became detached while being pulled by a University cart driven by a staff member. The trailers rolled into a non-USC male’s vehicle and caused minor damage to the vehicle.

at 8:09 p.m. on Sept. 22, DPS officers responded to a report of a suspect driving a vehicle near entrance gate 5. The vehicle was identified as stolen by the license plate recognition system. The officers located the vehicle and the suspect was detained during a felony stop conducted by LAPD officers. The suspect was determined to be the girlfriend of the vehicle’s owner and he had mistakenly reported the vehicle stolen because he did not know she had it.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 8:22 A.M. on Sept. 22, a faculty member reported receiving an envelope in the mail that contained two bullet casings at the Albert S. Raubenheimer Music Memorial Building.

at 8:32 P.M. on Sept. 22,  a student reported that someone entered her possibly unlocked dorm room at Elisabeth Von Kleinsmid Memorial Residence Hall,  and rearranged her personal property. No property was removed and the student concluded that the incident might have been a prank.

at 9:05 P.M. on Sept. 22, at Regal Trojan, a student reported that he donated to a suspect who came to his door collecting money for a charity, but the student now believes the charity is a fraud.