USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Tuesday, Sept. 30, and Wednesday, Oct. 1. 

Crimes against property

At 10:54 p.m. on Sept. 29, it was reported that a suspect used a rock to shatter the rear windshield of a student’s vehicle parked at 37th Street and Raymond Avenue. The suspect used an unknown object to scratch the paint on the rear passenger side door.

At 6:16 p.m. on Sept. 30, a staff member reported the hubcaps of her car missing from the Soto Street Building lot.

At 10:19 p.m. on Sept. 30, a staff member reported that an unknown object struck and shattered the front windshield of a USC tram.    

At 2:30 a.m. on Oct. 1, DPS responded to a report of a man carrying a bicycle while riding another one at Subway. The man was later taken in for booking.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 8:09 a.m. on Sept. 29, a student reported receiving two suspicious envelopes in the mail and brought them to the DPS office for assistance. Safety Office personnel were requested to open the envelopes and nothing hazardous was found inside them.

At 9:04 a.m. on Sept. 29, a staff member drove a University tram into the base of a light post at Biggy Lot, causing minor damage to the tram and the post. 

At 8:54 p.m. on Sept. 29, a staff member reported that a key broke off the ignition of a University vehicle at Parking Structure A.