USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Wednesday, Oct. 1, and Thursday, Oct. 2. 

Crimes against property

at 5:12 p.m. on Oct. 1, it was reported that a suspect removed a bicycle secured to itself outside of May Ormerod Harris Hall, Quinn Wing & Fisher Gallery.

at 5:59 p.m. on Oct. 1, a non-USC female backed her vehicle into a student’s vehicle at the intersection of 28th Street and Hoover Street. This caused minor damage to the student’s vehicle.

at 9:15 p.m. on Oct. 1, it was reported that a suspect entered an unsecured gym at the Lyon Center and removed a cell phone left unattended on the floor.

at 10:02 p.m. on Oct. 1, it was reported that a suspect entered an unsecured classroom in Mudd Hall and removed an unattended laptop computer.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 10:47 a.m. on Oct. 1, officers responded to Terrace Apartments to check on the welfare of a student who missed an appointment with a counselor and was not answering his phone. When officers contacted the student, he said he had been ill and had forgotten about his appointment.

At 5:03 p.m. on Oct. 1, DPS officers responded to a student at College Residence Hall who reported that a suspect wrote lewd comments on a pieces of paper she had taped to her dorm room door on two separate occasions.

At 11:31 p.m. on Oct. 1, two students were cited to Judicial Affairs for running around naked outside the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.