Five-star recruit Iman Marshall signs with Trojans

Five-star recruit Iman Marshall, who is considered to the nation’s number one-ranked cornerback, officially signed with the Trojans on Wednesday afternoon, capping off an extremely successful Signing Day for the Trojans. He announced his decision via a music video released by the Bleacher Report.

With the signing of Marshall and the earlier commitments of five-star defensive tackle Rasheem Green and four-star linebacker John Houston, Jr., USC’s 2015 class has leaped past Alabama to No. 1 on the most recent rankings by Rivals.com

The nation’s No. 4-ranked recruit nationally and top-ranked player in California, according to 247Sports, chose USC over LSU, Florida State, Michigan and Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Marshall played on both sides of the ball last season for the Jackrabbits and was also recruited by wide receivers coach Tee Martin.

Marshall’s commitment came about a couple of hours after USC landed Green and Houston, both out of USC feeder school Junipero Serra High School in Gardena, California.

By completing a perfect run for all of USC’s main targets down the stretch including five-star linebacker Osa Masina and four-star Porter Gustin, head coach Steve Sarkisian will be welcoming what is being considered as one of the best classes in Trojans history.

This is the program’s first recruiting class since NCAA sanctions officially ended this past year.

Sarkisian is expected to give a press conference to wrap up the Trojans’ Signing Day at 4:30 p.m. at the John McKay Center.