What happens when it rains at USC?

Oh, sunny Los Angeles. This city hails some of the best temperatures in the state. But what happens when the clear skies and warm rays are gone? USC rarely experiences rain, but when it does it may seem like all hell breaks loose. The smallest puddle has the ability to cause complete mayhem. Here’s a run through a rainy day at USC.

Students leave for their class in shorts and a tank expecting a blast of hot air as they leave their room. Not bothering to look out the window because L.A. is always sunny, the unexpected rain and wind throw off everyone’s day. Just getting to class can pose the ultimate battle. The thousands of bikers and skateboarders fight through the rain with their wheels. Yet, avoiding puddles while moving at high speeds is not an easy task while students are walking to their 11 a.m. class.

Then the inevitable happens.

Water is splashed up and people are drenched in some not-so-sanitary water. Accidentally walk in a puddle? Well, it looks like you are going to have some sopping feet for your next class. For the most part, the students at USC despise the rain. Many people leave their cold hometowns for the warm weather of L.A. When it seems like all hope is lost, students try to find ways to make what seems like a tropical storm less sad. Here are some ways different people do.

Women daydream about getting swept off their feet and enjoying a romantic evening with a special someone.

The men imagine things more questionable, such as lovely ladies in Burger King commercials washing a car.

When the rain is finally looking like it is going away, students rejoice at the weather forecast for the following day. Back to sunny and 75 degrees, the real USC weather.