Ways spring admits can make the most of their first semester

Photo courtesy of usc.edu

Photo courtesy of usc.edu

We’re five weeks deep into the spring semester, and hopes and expectations are soaring. From the highly celebrated football games to the rowdy registers thrown from last fall, Spring 2015 has a lot to live up to. Spring semester, however, is usually one that is a bit less wild. There are no longer weekly football tailgates, and the bands music can no longer be heard throughout campus. For students who have experienced fall semester, they know how much this university has to offer its students.

There are, however, also new students every spring. Spring admits sometimes have a hard time saying that USC is all they dreamed of, just because meeting friends and getting involved isn’t as easy when most have already gone through that process four months ago.

For guys who are spring admits, spring rush is offered for fraternities. Yet the women have to wait until next fall to participate in formal recruitment. With all the restrictions put on the spring admits, it can be hard to find a place to call their own at school.

For those new to USC, the best way to make the most of this semester is to participate in the involvement fairs, attend parties with people you meet in class and actively seek out what it is you wish to accomplish while at school.

There are many people at USC who are constantly looking for new friends and seeking out new fun places to visit in Los Angeles. Even though spring semester feels like the student body is less unified, there are still a few annual events that take place.

First comes Cabo San Lucas, a.k.a. the Super Bowl of spring Break. If you are lucky enough to take this fun-filled vacation, it is an excellent opportunity to bond with your fellow classmates while getting a sun-kissed tan and sipping piña coladas. The semester also presents Spring Fest. Past performers include Tyga, Big Sean and Macklemore, so mark your calendars for April 4 if you wish to attend.

How great of a spring semester you experience depends how much you put into it. So try your best to make the most of it, and get excited!