USC Board of Trustees adds two new members

Two new international executives, William McMorrow and Heliane Steden, were added to the USC Board of Trustees this weekend at the annual Trustee conference. Both alumni have served on USC’s President’s Leadership Council and have contributed funds and expertise to USC since graduating. The members will begin serving on the board in June.

William McMorrow is chairman and CEO of Kennedy Wilson Holdings, a global real estate investment and services firm. Following McMorrow’s purchase of the company in 1988, Kennedy Wilson has expanded from one office with 11 employees to 25 offices located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Jersey and Japan.

McMorrow established and endowed the William J. McMorrow Global Real Estate Program at the Marshall School of Business. The program offers undergraduate students the opportunity to study international real estate in the United States and abroad and also connect with mentors.

President C. L. Max Nikias said McMorrow’s commitment and leadership will be a great addition to the board.

“Bill McMorrow is a leader of great integrity and vision, and remains committed to ensuring that our students are prepared to thrive in our interconnected world,” Nikias told USC News. “He has demonstrated unflagging dedication to his alma mater, and we all look forward to his contributions on the board.”

Marshall Dean, James G. Ellis said he is happy to add another dedicated Trojan.

“Bill McMorrow is a very loyal Trojan who has supported his alma mater in so many ways,” Ellis said in an email to Daily Trojan. “Having his clear and creative thought process as a member of the Board of Trustees will make him a very welcome addition. We all look forward to working with him.”

Steden is a managing director at Merrill Lynch, and a member of the company’s New York international office. At Merrill Lynch, she provides private banking services. Steden joined the company after having successful careers at Bankers Trust and Deutsche Bank.

Steden is a former three-time USC All-American women’s tennis player and endowed a scholarship in her name, which is the largest gift to USC Athletic Department from a former USC female student-athlete. Steden was also a part of USC’s 1983 and 1985 NCAA championship tennis teams and earned three United States Tennis Association single titles and three doubles titles.

Nikias said Steden’s international work and commitment to USC will benefit the board.

“Heliane Steden’s vast and varied experience in international business make her an invaluable asset to our board,” Nikias told USC News. “She has distinguished herself not only through her incisive investment acumen, but also through her abiding commitment to philanthropy. USC is very fortunate to have the benefit of her continued guidance and support in her new role as a trustee.”