Springfest lineup still not announced

Due to the lengthy processes involved in acquiring performer contracts for Springfest, an annual on-campus music event, the USC Concerts Committee has been unable to release the names of the 2015 headliners in advance of the event on Saturday, April 4.

Caitlin Harriford, executive board member of the Concerts Committee, told the Daily Trojan that there have been issues surrounding the release of the lineup of artists for Saturday’s concert.

“The issue is that we can’t say anything until contracts are executed,” Harriford said. “Right now, they are sitting with a USC legal team.”

Harriford also said the process of confirming artists and announcing their performances involves  communication with the university’s legal counsel.

“They don’t really tell us when they’re going to sign [the contracts],” Harriford said. “It’s unfortunate that they’re not that transparent with us, but part of it is that they have to get all their terms straight.”

At the time of publication, confirmed Springfest 2015 headliners include Walla, Portugal. The Man and BØRNS.

Prior to Springfest performances, the Black Student Assembly is hosting Gearfest 2015 as a part of the Springfest activities on Saturday, at 3 p.m.

According to the Assembly’s Facebook page, the event “brings to life the fusion of music, fashion and technology across an eclectic mix of mediums.”

Artists confirmed to perform at Gearfest include Audio Push and Isaiah Rashad.

In anticipation of Saturday, Harriford spoke about Concerts Committee’s main goal which was to maximize student enjoyment.

“We’re just focused on putting on a really great show, and we hope people come out and have a great time,” Harriford said.