Lightning in a Bottle expects to celebrate their 10 year anniversary this Memorial Weekend

Photo courtesy of Daniel Zetterstrom

Photo courtesy of Daniel Zetterstrom

If you’re already having withdrawals after experiencing the Do Lab stage at Coachella this year, fear not, this power house production team is feverishly preparing for their annual festival, Lightning in a Bottle, coming this May.

Lightning in a Bottle focuses on music, art, spirituality, all while being the most eco-friendly festival in America. The five-day camping festival has been well-renowned for its impressive lineup and outdoor, engaging festivities and this year has exceeded all previous expectations. With a lineup headlining artists such as SBTRKT, Odesza, Tycho, RL Grime and Australian sensation, Flume, LiB has attracted a diverse audience from around the world and welcomes over 15,000 attendees.

The festival’s location is approximately a 4 hour drive north of university campus, but well worth the trek. The lineup encompasses a wide range of genres within electronic music including trap, indie, ambient, and house. Music enthusiasts are pleased to see featured house producers including Âme, UK Pioneer John Digweed,  Shiba San, SNBRN, Bakermat, and of course everyone’s favorite tropical house Aussie, Thomas Jack. Active Child, Polica, Les Sins, and Made in Heights are just several of the talented Indie performers taking the stage this year.  Heavy Bass fans will be excited to see performances from Griz,  the Opiuo Band, G Jones,  Zion I, and KOAN Sound. AlunaGeorge, whos name is also nestled amongst the headliners will certainly dazzle attendants with their electro-pop and R&B-infused melodious tunes. Festival goers should also expect performances from returning mainstays such as The Lucent Dossier Experience, Random Rab, and The Human Experience.

Aside from the always incredible lineup, Lightning in a Bottle is also known for its mesmerizing, hand-crafted stages and large, aesthetic art structures scattered throughout the venue. Producer Grant Kwiecinski, better known by his stage name, Griz, had positive comments to share with the Daily Trojan, “it’s a very conscious festival that has a great production. Their layout is very creative, with stages like treehouses covered in LED’s and bamboo stages, their design overall is fantastic; they cultivate such great vibes. Lightning in a Bottle is very one of a kind.” The Lucent Temple of Consciousness, The Villiage, and The Learning Kitchen are all sanctuaries located within the festival focused on promoting individualism and educational growth. Along with listening to speeches from motivational speakers and musicians, attendants will have the opportunity to participate in yoga classes, cooking lessons offered by The Learning Kitchen, and many more recreational workshops.

This year, expect to see multiple improvements in the construction of the festival. Some which include larger-scale shade structures that will be built over the main festival grounds and stages. Last year, dust was also a major issue; this year they plan to take as many precautions as possible, providing coverage against dust storms to protect attendants. The original layout has been redesigned for less strenuous walking routes and shorter distances between each stage and attraction, making it convenient to travel around the festival grounds. LiB spotlights the importance of being environmentally conscious and reducing carbon footprints by encouraging a composting and recycling infrastructure, utilizing alternate renewable energy sources, healthy food venders, and free water stations. LiB also offers a Lightning Bus at special pick up locations around California, some being Los Angeles and San Diego. Festival goers get picked up and taken to the festival with an expedited entry, as well as a service to take passengers back home after the weekend festivities end.

Lightning in a bottle isn’t just about music, it’s about spiritual development, cultural immersion, and environmental conservation as well. It provides a welcoming and inspiring environment where communities can bond over music, art, and creativity. The festival encourages freedom of self-expression while simultaneously creating a musical paradise and cultural safe haven for all ages to enjoy.