Men’s style: What do your clothes say about you?

Katie Matthews | Daily Trojan

Katie Matthews | Daily Trojan

Guys, have you ever wondered what message your clothes are sending to women? Ladies, have you ever wondered how to spot a certain “type” by what he is wearing? In case you’re struggling, here’s a few fashion choices that reveal a lot about a guy’s personality.

The bro-tank

This guy is a bro. He can be found manning the grill on game day. He likes to hear himself talk, so he will be actively participating in any conversation. You will say “yes” when he asks you out because his biceps are doing something for you. Be warned, at dinner he will order the meal with the most protein, and he will make a big ordeal about doing so. He’s nice but don’t bother texting him on a Sunday because he will probably be lifting.

The polo shirt

Hopefully you are open to long distance because this guy is likely from the East Coast. He is family oriented and is especially close to his mom. How do I know? His mom picked out that shirt. He is a gentleman and hopes to go into politics one day. Feel free to bring him home to meet your parents. Your dad will be impressed by his firm handshake and direct eye contact, but your mom may be concerned that her daughter is going for a guy with the personality of a 40-year-old man.

Running shoes

More specifically, the guy that wears running shoes to class. He spends most of his time in the library. When he picks you up for a date he will be at least five minutes early, and he will ring your doorbell instead of texting. He’s a good judge of character and is surrounded by a group of loyal friends. He may come off as a nervous type but you will perceive it as a cute quirk.

Man bun

Six months ago this guy would have been a misunderstood hipster. Thanks to Buzzfeed, this guy is no longer the object of your desire. It is easy to tell the O.G. man bun-ers apart from the trend followers. Here is how: The new age man bun-er is the guy that is late to most trends. He goes to Coachella every year, and FYF, and Nocturnal, and Hard: Day of The Dead, and just about any other music festival without knowing anyone on the lineup. He talks about entertainment news a week after it hits the stand. He’s always looking for the next best trend to follow and applies that mantra to his personal life.

The blazer

This guy is always looking professional. He even smells professional, thanks to the Axe body spray he carries in the water bottle pocket of his backpack.

He is one of the most social people you will ever meet. He will make you feel special by flooding your Facebook with event requests. Don’t be fooled! He plays the field well, and often.

Ladies, weigh the pros and cons for yourselves. And gentlemen, know that you are sending a message with each outfit you choose.