What Your Gameday Style Says About You

Is your gameday style "Trojan Fanatic" or a "Total Sorority Move?" Caroline Feda | Daily Trojan

Is your gameday style “Trojan Fanatic” or a “Total Sorority Move?” Caroline Feda | Daily Trojan

Everyone has their go-to outfit on gameday — the one you daydream about wearing all week while waiting for Saturday to come. Where you can be found and what you are doing during a USC home football game can be easily discerned from your game day attire. Are you running around 28th Street in a cardinal and gold afro? Or are you keeping it classic on McCarthy with your USC Dad Polo?  Here’s a guide to gameday style personas and what it says about you.

The Trojan Fanatic
You have officially been diagnosed with Trojan fever and that means on gameday you go all out. Whether it is in Trojan warrior gear, cardinal and gold body paint or a morph suit, you are often stopped for pictures on McCarthy Quad. Bookstore clothing is  too basic for you, and much of your outfit has been custom made or ordered online. The Trojan fanatic is anyone from an overeager freshman to a nostalgic alum. You can find the fanatics at the 50-yard line, clamoring against the stadium railings and fighting to be featured on the jumbotron.

The Total Sorority Move
A crop top with your letters, song girl skirt and high socks are your gameday staples. Let’s not forget your house’s football fanny pack to hold all the essentials. For you, a typical gameday starts off getting ready and taking pictures with your sisters before tailgate hopping from one fraternity to another. On gamedays, 28th Street is your playground. And for those that decide to ditch the game, at least you dressed the part.

The Frat Star
Unlike southern universities, you keep it pretty laid back when it comes to gameday wear. The frat star often chooses a classic USC Hawaiian button-down or a fraternity’s gameday shirt. The top is paired with khaki shorts, converse and an oversized woven, straw hat. Don’t let the chill vibes fool you though, these boys take football and tailgating seriously. Even when the game is at 5 p.m., you can find the frat star blasting the USC fight song from their speakers for all of  the Row to hear at 10 a.m.

The Alumni
You are among the most proud gameday-goers on campus. Alumni can usually be found wearing anything that represents their alma mater in full view. Older alumni are easier to spot in “USC Dad” or “USC Grandma” shirts, feasting on the university-catered tailgate. Others get creative and use gameday as an excuse to reconnect with old classmates for bachelorette parties or birthdays on McCarthy Quad. However, the more recent graduates are quick to disguise themselves in old sorority gear or fraternity gear and can be found hanging with their littles at their old houses.

The Average Tommy
Essentially the average Joe of gameday, you keep it simple with a pair of blue jeans and a USC t-shirt. If you’re really feeling crazy, a few temporary tattoos and a bit of glitter may get thrown into the mix. You can be found anywhere from a McCarthy Quad tailgate to an off-campus barbeque. For you gameday is about good friends, good food and watching your favorite team play some football.

The “It’s a Gameday?” Student
You are in jeans, a hoodie and, of course, sound-proof headphones on your way to Leavey Library. Saturday isn’t for football, it’s for homework! You could care less about the score on board. It’s all about the score on your “Organic Chemistry” midterm. While the majority of campus can’t understand your decision, you trudge on confidently with your backpack to a library cubicle and tap your pencil in time with the USC fight song.