Late night eats around USC

It's past midnight, but you're starving. Don't fret, here's a list of places in L.A. where you can eat long after it gets dark. Flickr/Creative Commons

It’s past midnight, but you’re starving. Don’t fret, here’s a list of places in L.A. where you can eat long after it gets dark. Flickr/Creative Commons

As Trojans we tend to stay up really late. Whether studying in Leavey Library or partying with friends – you are bound to get hungry. Here’s a list of places near campus and in Downtown L.A. where you can walk, Uber or have food delivered when you get hungry:

Ground Zero: On campus café Ground Zero has a hip atmosphere to study and have coffee, or savor their amazing milkshakes. There are also open mic nights, movie screenings and more. Ground Zero is a great place to take a break from your overheated dorm room or the library and is open until midnight every day.

Traditions: For the 21+ college students — you can get a libation and good bar food at Traditions, affectionately known as Traddies, This underground sports bar has flat screen TVs, an inviting bar and spacious booths. Try Chef Henry’s new mouthwatering wings, street tacos and specialty sandwiches. This on-campus bar is open Monday through Friday until 11 p.m., but open until midnight on Thursday nights.

Kogi: Kogi is a Mexican-Korean fusion food truck every Angeleno must try. It is located close to campus on Hoover Street every Tuesday from 10-11 p.m.. I highly recommend the Korean BBQ-style short rib taco served on two crispy grilled homemade corn tortillas.

El Huero: If you prefer authentic Mexican food, you should make your way to El Huero, formerly known as Chano’s. A great place to stop for a late night bite to eat with good prices, El Huero is located conveniently close to the Row and open 24/7.

Garage Pizza: For the nights when pizza is all you crave, Garage Pizza is open 24 hours a day and they deliver. It is New York-style pizza with many delicious toppings, as well as vegan options.

LA Café: This café has a variety of food, including salads, sandwiches, burgers and an amazing lobster grilled cheese. It is also open 24 hours a day and delivers, making it a great option for those late night cravings.

If you can shuttle your way into downtown Los Angeles — walking is not recommended — then check out the following locations.

Syrup Desserts: Syrup is a great dessert restaurant where you can go to study or hangout with friends. I would highly recommend trying their delicious waffles with ice cream and fresh fruit. You can play board games with friends or study while having a cup of coffee and some sweets. Save room for plenty of treats because this place is open until midnight.

Wokano: This is an Asian fusion restaurant with an eclectic menu that also delivers. You can get high-quality sushi rolls and their famous crazy fried rice in the middle of the night because they are open, and deliver, until 2 a.m.

Perch: The French rooftop bistro allows for breathtaking views of L.A.. The ambiance is a cozy and rustic with an outside patio surrounded by lush vegetation. You can have a classy night out at Perch, overlooking the downtown L.A. skyline until 1 a.m. Sunday throughWednesday, and until 2 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.

24/7 Restaurant at The Standard: The Standard is a popular high-rise hotel in downtown Los Angeles with a hopping bar scene, but there is also a delicious restaurant at the hotel that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Try their delicious comfort classics like a juicy burger that tastes like In-N-Out, and enjoy their spectacular view of the city.

Wurstküche: Wurstküche is a German restaurant located in the Arts District. The name translates to “Sausage Kitchen,” and the restaurant has a diverse variety of homemade bratwursts. Wait for your order and venture into the restaurant filled with communal seating that creates a sociable atmosphere. It is a great way to experience the German culture here in Los Angeles. They are open everyday from 11 a.m. until 1:30 a.m.

I hope these restaurants satisfy your midnight cravings, or make late study nights a little more fun. I would also suggest downloading the app called Grub Hub where a variety of restaurants deliver food to you.