Where to shop for student discounts

Take advantage of student discounts before graduation. Madeline Huff | Daily Trojan

College comes at a hefty price. Annual tuition aside, students are required to pay additional fees for things like school supplies, textbooks, housing and meal plans. If college students know anything, it’s that these numbers can add up quickly, and budgeting can be a tricky feat to manage among the many other responsibilities of college life. But if you’re feeling in over your head, don’t sweat it! There are a ton of stores that feel our pain and are willing to scale down their price tags for students. So, if you’re dreaming of a wardrobe makeover but can’t spare the extra cash, here are six stores to keep on your radar:

Madewell:

This is your go-to destination for everything denim. Their cotton tees and flannel shirts are all-time favorites and perfect for those long study days in the library. With Madewell, achieving the effortless look is truly effortless. Snag 15 percent off on all merchandise at checkout with a valid student ID. This discount is in stores only.

J.Crew:

Madewell’s proud sister store, J.Crew is a classic destination for preppy pieces with pops of color. Perfect for work attire or interview ensembles, J.Crew has a great selection of blouses, skirts, shoes and accessories. You can always count on finding a stocked sale rack with chic sweaters and cute tees here, so don’t miss the opportunity. Like Madewell, you can also save 15 percent at checkout with a valid student ID. These steals are also in-store purchases only.

Topshop:

The ultimate purveyor of fast fashion, Topshop is one of the best places to snag trendy pieces without breaking the bank. From ripped jeans to fringed vests to metallic shoes, Topshop has all of your runway favorites and offers a 10 percent student discount to make it worth your while. If you’re shopping online, make sure to follow instructions to sign up for a “Student Beans ID” to receive the discount code. If you’re shopping in stores, just show your student ID at checkout.

Club Monaco:

Club Monaco is one of the best places to stock up on seasonal staples, but it can get a little pricey. Thankfully, the store offers an amazing 20 percent student discount for all merchandise, including items on sale. Submit your student email to receive a discount code for online orders, or simply present your student ID in stores to reap the benefits.

ASOS:

Your one stop shop for Euro-chic finds, ASOS has a fabulous selection of apparel and accessories at great prices. The site is loaded with tons of cool stuff and can get a little overwhelming, so make sure to not overlook the sale section. Complete an online form with your student email to get a 10 percent off student discount code, valid for the entire academic year.

Nasty Gal:

This fashion forward site (and new boutique, located on Melrose) is a great place to find funky clothes and unique accessories at a reasonable price. Sign up with your student email for the “Nasty Gal EDU Emails” to receive information on student-only offers and exclusive shopping events.