How to get your red velvet fix in the City of Angels

I don’t know about you, but I’m an avid lover of all things red-velvet. To be honest, this dessert is just chocolate cake dyed red. But I truly believe that redder is better. From waffles to pancakes to cupcakes, red velvet is here to stay. Here are four places in the great city of Los Angeles to go to for your red velvet fix.

1. Sprinkles Cupcakes

This is an L.A. staple. If you haven’t had Sprinkles cupcakes yet, I advise you to skip your afternoon class and make a trip to the king of all cupcakeries. When it comes to cupcakes, Sprinkles has it down: moist and fluffy cake topped with a sweet and tantalizing layer of cream cheese frosting. And if you make the trek to the Beverly Hills location, you can use the Cupcake ATM. Yes, this is an ATM machine for cupcakes. This location also offers a red velvet ice cream cupcake sandwich if you want the full red velvet experience.

735 S Figueroa St #210, Los Angeles, CA 90017

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

2.  The Ivy

This trendy lunch spot features fabulous red velvet cake topped with a delectable layer of pink frosting. With its floral decor and outdoor patio, you can enjoy your red velvet cake in style.

113 N Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

3. Larchmont Bungalow

Bungalow beats out all the other brunch places in L.A., offering mouth-watering red velvet waffles cooked to perfection and topped with blackberries and powdered sugar. If you’re not a waffle person, Bungalow has bomb red velvet pancakes for you. Stuffed with cream cheese frosting, this heavenly item will surely get you out of bed in the morning.

107 N Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

Sammy Solomon | Daily Trojan

4. Milk

I can assure you that there is nothing better in this world than a red velvet macaroon ice cream sandwich on a sweltering Los Angeles day. Located on Beverly Boulevard, the Milk Shop specializes in the prettiest ice cream sandwiches to ever grace your Instagram feed.

1639 Silver Lake Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026

Photo courtesy of @themilkshop_la

Photo courtesy of @themilkshop_la

Whether you’re a waffles person or a cupcake connoisseur, red velvet is all the rage, so grab your keys and get on out to these scrumptious cafés. I promise you, your taste buds won’t be disappointed.