- Jailhouse Rock: Here’s a scenario. What happens when a USC Thornton student plays classical music for prisoners at jails throughout the state of Arizona? Magic… With a little bit of community service to boot!
- The 411: The band was jumpin’ and the joint began to swing. You should’ve heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
- Thursday Night Blues: USC students faced an unusual dilemma on Thursday: Go to the football game or go to class? Some professors worked around the schedule to make it work. However, many students saw it as a no-win situation. And it’s arguably worse for all the student-athletes out there.
- The 411: Choosing between social and academic life is like choosing between ice cream and cookies. Thank you, Cream, for giving us the best of both worlds.
- Mental Health: USG leaders are working with the Academic Culture Assembly to organize events for USC’s first Mental Health Awareness Month. Between Oct. 12 and Nov. 20, students will get to participate in activities aimed at discussing mental health issues and destressing during the midterm season.
- The 411: Finding a way to relax is crucial to survive college. I suggest binge-watching your favorite shows, but you do you, my fellow Trojans.
- Velvety Goodness: Craving some red velvet in your life? Check out these four places in Los Angeles where you can satisfy your hankering for some delicious desserts.
- The 411: It might be a variation of devil’s food cake, but boy, does it taste heavenly!
- Jazzy Jams: Need some tunes to spice up your study sesh? Try this midterm playlist that will get you through the late night cramming.
- The 411: These tracks are just pitch perfect!
- Campus Activism POV: The Israel-Palestine conflict has always been a touchy subject, but one DT writer argues suppressing anti-Israel voices on college campuses does nothing but make more problems.
- The 411: What do you think? Does she have a point?
- Gameday Update: Our only weekday football game of the year was one wild rollercoaster. We unfortunately/successfully lost/won against the Huskies, so we got some work to do/but we have a long road ahead of us.
- The 411: Now let’s go beat down some leprechauns in Indiana!
- Superhero Mash-Up: Marvel Studios announced a sequel to this past summer’s sleeper hit “Ant-Man” titled “Ant-Man and the Wasp”, which will arrive in July 2018. This marks the first time a female heroine has equal billing with the male superhero in the enormous cinematic franchise. Nice move, Marvel!
- The 411: I’m still holding out for a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie. I need to know what happened in Budapest!
- Art Restart: The new Broad Museum opened on Grand Avenue, and it’s been drawing in huge crowds. You can read how it’s rejuvenating the contemporary art scene in downtown Los Angeles here.
- The 411: If you don’t like art, at least go for the giant balloon animals!
Eli Goodstein is a junior broadcast and digital journalism major. His newsletter, “Eli’s DT 4-1-1,” runs every Friday.