- Sark Sacked: On Monday, USC Athletic Director Pat Haden fired head football coach Steve Sarkisian. His forced leave of absence after he didn’t show up to practice on Sunday was short-lived. Haden deemed Sark unhealthy after several incidents showed the coach had a drinking problem. Offensive coordinator Clay Helton will take over as head coach as the Trojans head to South Bend to play Notre Dame.
- The 411: Alcohol abuse is no joking matter.
- Sin City Smackdown: Many students and faculty members gathered on Tuesday at Wallis Annenberg Hall to watch the first Democratic debate of the 2016 presidential election. After the debate, Unruh Institute of Politics Director Dan Schnur moderated a panel discussion about the candidates’ performances. It was the perfect evening for all the politics nuts on campus.
- The 411: The candidates were Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, that dude from Maryland, the guy you had to search on your phone and the self-proclaimed rock of granite.
- Find Your Happy Place: Need a way to relax and cleanse your mind? Meditation might be the answer.
- The 411: HUMMMMMMMMMM………
- Dress For Success: Can’t seem to find a good outfit for that job interview? Check out these clothing suggestions for the average college student.
- The 411: You gotta look the part if you want the job!
- Issue: What do you think about the current situation of the football team?
- New Coach Wanted: “USC needs a coach who wins these close games, but also who combines USC’s significant talent advantage with his own significant abilities to once again be a prominent national contender, not a preseason prediction that fell by the wayside.” – Jake Davidson, DT columnist
- Give Sark A Break: “This is something bigger than his job as head coach and bigger than sports. This is about Sarkisian’s well-being and livelihood. This is about his personal struggle. He is the father of three young children who are now dealing with a very public meltdown.” – Regan Estes, DT Sports Edito
- The 411: Was Sarkisian not good enough for the team? Are we being too hard on the poor guy?
- Extra: Want to see more discussions on the Sarkisian firing? Click here.
- Volleyball Face Off: The undefeated women of Troy will be playing Arizona and Arizona State this weekend. Head coach Mick Haley will be looking to get his 900th win with the team. I don’t know about you, but my money’s on that actually happening. Friday’s ASU game starts at 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Network.
- The 411: The volleyball coach is on his way to one amazing milestone!
- Christmas Comes Early: This week, Netflix announced Bill Murray will star in a Christmas special. The guests include George Clooney, Amy Poehler and Miley Cyrus. A Very Murray Christmas is set to air on Dec. 4th.
- The 411: The best part of Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
- Playboy Problems: Playboy Magazine has had decreasing circulation since the 1970s. They blame internet pornography for making the magazine unprofitable. Since they took off nude pictures from their social media pages, however, the company has seen some positive results. So, they decided this week they will not put fully nude women in their issues anymore.
- The 411: Did you know who was on the cover of the first issue of Playboy in 1953? Marilyn Monroe!
Eli Goodstein is a junior broadcast and digital journalism major. His newsletter, “Eli’s DT 4-1-1,” runs every Friday.