USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Department of Public Safety incident report summary between Monday, Oct. 19, and Tuesday, Oct. 20. 

Crimes against property

At 3:32 p.m. on Oct. 19, a student reported a stolen cell phone from an undisclosed location.

At 4:42 p.m. on Oct. 19, a suspect removed a bicycle from 1123 37th Drive.

At 4:45 p.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that an altered USC parking permit caused a staff member’s vehicle to be immobilized.

At 7:14 p.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that three placards were stolen from the fourth floor walls of Albert S. Raubenheimer Music Faculty Memorial Building.

At 7:48 p.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that as a parking gate closed, it caused minor damage to a student’s vehicle.

At 12:02 a.m. on Oct. 20, it was reported that a bicycle was reported stolen from Hoffman Hall.

At 2:59 a.m. on Oct. 20, it was reported that a University vehicle’s rear driver’s side quarter panel was damaged by unknown means at an unknown location.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 9:26 a.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that a non-USC male collapsed at Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital Research Institute. He was examined and released from the scene.

At 12:51 p.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that a purchase was made at Verna & Peter Dauterive Hall using a counterfeit $50 bill.

At 3:32 p.m. on Oct. 19, a student reported that her cell phone was missing.

At 7:08 p.m. on Oct. 19, a staff member at Parkside Apartments was transferred to a local hospital after suffering from chest pains.

At 9:10 p.m. on Oct. 19, it was reported that a student at Parkside International Residential College was transferred to a local hospital after sustaining a cut to her knee.

At 2:49 a.m. on Oct. 20, the contents of a trash bag at Keck Hospital of USC activated a radiation alarm.