How to avoid cliche costumes this Halloween

Is it possible to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sexy?

For a lot of girls, Halloween has just become an excuse to wear revealing clothing. Instead of conforming to the average, basic Halloween costume, let’s start dressing up instead of dressing down. Here are some suggestions to avoid being basic this Halloween. But first, you need to know how to spot a basic Halloween costume.

The Basic Ideas
These were some of the costumes that I found on the Internet:

Sexy Animal
“Sexy” is a term that gets thrown around a lot during Halloween. Animals are not sexy, nor are they an original idea. I don’t think I have ever seen a bunny or cat with cleavage so unless you are going to be anatomically correct, move on from the idea.

Sexy Nurse
The nurses that I know are not allowed to wear lingerie as part of their uniform. The pleather outfits featured on Halloween sites are far too impractical when thinking about a nurse’s daily routine. For the most part, they wear baggy scrubs that make their curves almost impossible to detect.

Sexy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
I am not even sure that it is possible to dress up like a sexy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle — so if you do, this one gets a pass.

Sexy Cop
When I was pulled over for a speeding ticket, I can assure you the cop was not wearing fishnets and a mini skirt.

The Creative Ideas
These are ideas that are sure to be a hit because they were not found on the internet.

Hillary Clinton
Political affiliation aside, this costume is sure to be a success. A pantsuit, short style hair-do or wig and a broach will get the message across.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you are feeling left out by not being basic this year, be the beverage that every bunny, nurse, cop and cat will want to enjoy!

A Chipotle burrito
Burritos are always a hot topic around college students. This costume would be hilarious, and the layers would be practical for a cold Halloween night. Make sure to incorporate some green in your costume, because you are worth the extra money for guacamole.

Netflix and chill
Print out the Netflix logo, slap it onto a red t-shirt, carry around an ice cube tray and you’re set to go.