USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the Department of Public Safety incident report summary between Tuesday, Oct. 27, and Wednesday, Oct. 28. 

Crimes against a person

At 2:47 p.m., on Oct. 27 a student reported that another student threatened him at Gateway Apartments.

At 7:53 p.m., on Oct. 27 a  student reported that he wired money to an unknown suspect, who threatened to post explicit pictures of the student on social media.

Crimes against property

At 9:34 a.m., on Oct. 27 a 1993 Honda Civic was removed from where it was parked at Troy Hall.

At 10:10 a.m., on Oct. 27, a staff member at Health Center 2 reported miscellaneous supplies missing.

At 1:11 p.m., on Oct. 27 a suspect removed a bicycle from Norris Medical Library.

At 1:13 p.m., on Oct. 27  a non-USC man reported that the passenger doors of his car were damaged. The car was parked at the Keck Hospital Parking Building.

At 4:23 p.m., on Oct. 27 a staff member’s vehicle was immobilized due to the altered USC parking permit it displayed. The vehicle was parked at Eastlake Lot.

At 5:33 p.m., on Oct. 27  a student reported that his skateboard was damaged by a University tram running over it at the Social Work Center.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 11:09 a.m. on Oct. 27, it was reported that a student was taken to the Engemann Student Health Center from Dean Bartlett Cromwell Field for medical treatment on his ankle.

At 12:34 p.m., on Oct. 27 a suspect who makes a habit of trespassing at The Lab was served a “Stay Away” letter and arrested for refusing to leave University property.