In photos: Nature around the world

From beaches to mountainsides, lush greenery to desserts, nature looks different all over the world. This week our Troy Meets World bloggers captured what the beauty of nature looks like in the city they are studying in.
Bilbao, Spain
One of my favorite things about Bilbao is that the city is incredibly green, and it’s super easy to take a bus out to explore the beautiful hills of the Basque country. I also feel lucky to be living so close to the coast, it’s only a 15 minute metro ride to go to the beach. Northern Spain is known as “Green Spain,” and it truly lives up to its name.  – Janis Yue 
This photo was taken at my family's countryside home. Janis Yue | Daily Trojan

This photo was taken at my family’s countryside home. Janis Yue | Daily Trojan

This photo was taken at the Bosque de Oma, which is a painted forest that an artist created to illustrate the interplay between nature and human presence. Janis Yue | Daily Trojan

Santa Monica, California, U.S.A 

I visited the beach in the city of Santa Monica. Coming from the Netherlands, I love living near the water, and where the water is blue and swimming temperature.  – Charlie Wulff

The beautiful cliffs off Santa Monica beach. Charlie Wulff | Daily Trojan

The ferris wheel is a great addition to the board walk in Santa Monica. Charlie Wulff | Daily Trojan

Beijing, China

These photos were taken around Beijing during the first weekend it snowed. These pictures capture the end of Fall and beginning of Winter in Beijing. – Esther Chang

Taken on my campus in front one of the three Peking University’s symbol. This is the Boya Pagoda next to Weiming Lake. Esther Chang | Daily Trojan

Taken at "Fragrant Hills", a beautiful place to hike in the Fall. Fragrant Hills is known for its bright red and yellow leaves painted across the hills during Fall. Esther Chang | Daily Trojan

Taken at “Fragrant Hills”, a beautiful place to hike in the Fall. Fragrant Hills is known for its bright red and yellow leaves painted across the hills during Fall. Esther Chang | Daily Trojan