DineL.A. Restaurant Week offers luxurious foods

It’s that time of the year again — DineL.A. Restaurant Week is back for the winter, from  Jan. 18-31. Get ready to take out your cameras and reveal your inner foodie, because this event will show you everything you need to know about the Angeleno culinary experience.

DineL.A. is a bi-annual event that is organized by the city’s Los Angeles Tourism and  Convention Board. Since its inception in 2008, the organization has partnered with hundreds of restaurants throughout the city and county of Los Angeles. This 14-day event is designed to showcase L.A.’s prominence as the “it” place for dining. Within the past eight years, DineL.A. has not only allowed people to experience L.A.’s incredible restaurant scene, but also has brought publicity and new business to restaurants all throughout the city.

For two weeks, over 300 L.A. restaurants will participate in the event by offering prix-fixe meals at specially-set prices. Restaurant-goers will be able to experience fine-dining at some of the city’s best restaurants all at affordable rates. This year, lunch meals are priced from $15 to $25 per person while dinner meals range from $29 to $49. Maybe it’s time for you to try that fancy restaurant Downtown that you’ve been hearing about, or maybe this is your opportunity to try something completely different from what you know.

With tons of different restaurants participating in the city, here are some worthy picks that you should try:

Bouchon

Bouchon is extremely popular for its simple but elegant French cuisine. Located in Beverly Hills, the bistro serves a wide array of classic French dishes, ranging from escargots with parsley-garlic butter to braised lamb shoulders with turnips and fingerling potatoes. Be sure to taste the signature Bouchon chocolate brownies topped with Tahitian vanilla ice cream.

235 N. Canon Drive

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Lunch: $25.00, Dinner: $49.00

Knuckle & Claw

Missing the heartiness of New England cuisine? Knuckle & Claw is a quaint establishment located in the hip neighborhood of Silver Lake. For lunch, enjoy three of the finest Fat Baby and Kumamoto oysters imported from Vancouver. Then, try Knuckle & Claw’s famous specialty roll, made with lightly-toasted brioche buns and classic Maine lobsters. It’s a great place to relax and feast while looking over the busy and chaotic Sunset Boulevard.

3112 W. Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90026

Lunch: $25.00, Dinner: $39.00

Pok Pok L.A.

Located in Chinatown, Andy Ricker’s Pok Pok L.A. boasts a wide variety of authentic Thai and Southeast Asian cuisine. Experience the vibrance and spice of Southeast Asian culture with several amazing dishes made with the freshest ingredients. The khao soi, or curry noodle soup, is a great option for those who love the complexity of coconut milk with spices. Or try the cha ca la vong, a popular Vietnamese catfish dish topped with mint, dill and other fresh garnishes.

978 N. Broadway

Los Angeles, CA 90012

Lunch: $15.00, Dinner: $29.00

LA Prime

Enjoy your dinner while looking over the scenic skyline of downtown Los Angeles at the LA Prime steakhouse located on the 35th floor of the iconic Westin Bonaventure Hotel. The menu consists of many classic but elevated dishes. The restaurant is popular for its tender and lightly-seasoned filet mignon with potato gratin. At the end of your meal, choose either a crème brulee cheesecake with raspberry coulis or a dark chocolate mousse plate sprinkled with candied almonds.

404 S. Figueroa St.

Los Angeles, CA 90071

Dinner: $49.00

K-ZO

Culver City’s K-ZO brings together the finest and freshest seafood from all around the world to create a one-of-a-kind dining experience for patrons. Through its bold selections and European twist, K-ZO masters the finesse of traditional Japanese cuisine. Try K-ZO’s signature sushi assortment with five different kinds of fresh fish, from albacore to yellowtail, or have the tender, pan-roasted salmon with purple mash. The K-ZO original parfait with vanilla ice cream, red beans and Okinawa purple sweet potato sauce is a great way to end your meal, leaving you with a sense of sweet satisfaction.

9240 Culver Blvd.

Culver City, CA 90232

Lunch: $25.00, Dinner: $39.00

A full list of participating restaurants and menu pricing can be found online.