Fuller House invites viewers on a stroll through memory lane

“Whatever happened to predictability / The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV?” Though old-fashioned milkmen and paperboys have yet to make their return, the beloved 1987-95 family sitcom Full House will be premiering its official reboot as Fuller House, a Netflix original series set to debut Feb. 26. Nineties kids everywhere are getting ready to “Netflix and chill” with Danny, Joey, Uncle Jesse, Aunt Becky, D.J., Stephanie and the notorious Kimmy Gibbler.

The majority of the original cast has agreed to be a part of the show’s spinoff, inundating their fans with a wave of nostalgia that is complete with a set design mimicking the living room of the famous San Francisco residency. Having been abandoned for 21 years, the house from Full House is revamped and ready to occupy an even fuller house than before.

John Stamos, who will reprise his role of the suave Uncle Jesse while producing the show, told People that the cast “never stopped loving each other. That magic you saw? It’s still there because it never stopped from the day we ended the show.” Stamos, who has been working closely with the original creator Jeff Franklin, is finally seeing progress being made towards giving “credit to the legacy,” which is what he disclosed to Jimmy Kimmel. Though the 13 episode series has its twists and turns, Fuller House still pays its respects to its predecessor.

Since the finale of Full House, the focus of Fuller House has transitioned to the younger generation, with D.J. Tanner-Fuller being a recently widowed, pregnant mother of two seeking the help of her younger sister Stephanie and her best friend Kimmy. The all too familiar plot line features more friendly faces as Stamos, along with Bob Saget, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin, have come back to guest star as the older generation. Michelle Tanner, who was played by both Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, is the only role that will not be renewed in Fuller House.

The beloved actors have tweeted and Instagrammed pictures from script copies to
on-set selfies in hopes of getting fans riled up for their highly awaited return. Aside from the main characters, other recurring roles will be featured during the show such as Scott Weinger as D.J.’s
ex-boyfriend Steve and Blake and Dylan Tuomy-Wilhoit as Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky’s twins Nicky and Alex, respectively. The pilot episode will include an official Tanner household reunion, titled “Our Very First Show, Again,” similar to the one that occurred
off-stage when the producers, creators and actors came together this past summer to start filming the series. According to Candace Cameron Bure, who plays D.J. in the show, the original Full House family was not solely representative of a close-knit bunch.