Top fashion role models to follow in an Instagram dominated world

Before apps such as Instagram and Twitter, there were little opportunities to enter the fashion world. As social networking sites continue to gain popularity as platforms for fashion lovers, models and designers to express their artistic skill set, the rise to fame in the fashion industry now takes a different path.

Instagram has effectively altered the barriers to joining the fashion elite. Now, anyone with the app has the opportunity to easily convey his or her ideas. If you are weary to believe this, look at the front rows of any major fashion week. These rows are occupied by not only the elite gatekeepers of internationally acclaimed fashion such as Karl Lagerfeld and Vogue’s Anna Wintour, but also the models and designers who used Instagram to gain a wide following.

Once you feel exhausted from the Instagram feeds of Lily Aldridge, Cara Delevingne and Gigi Hadid, you should turn to these rising models and designers whose fame has catapulted due to the popular photo-sharing app:

1. Blaire Eadie (@blaireadiebee)

Eadie, a blogger at Atlantic-Pacific with 784,000 Instagram followers, is a perfect example of a fashion blogger who has pushed her way to the top. Eadie, through her pictures, proved her success has allowed for her to sit in one of the most coveted spots during New York fashion week.

Photo courtesy of @blaireadiebee, Instagram

2. Chloe Naagard (@chloenorgaard)

With a 176,000 user following, Norgaard highlights all things tie-dye. The model may downplay her accomplishments, as she defines her Instagram as a “digital scrapbook.” Here she is on the cover of Eurowoman.

Photo courtesy of @chloenorgaard, Instagram

3. BagSnob (@bagsnob)

With 211,000 followers, this company provides images from a number of noteworthy fashion houses.

Photo courtesy of @bagsnob, Instagram

Photo courtesy of @bagsnob, Instagram

4. Isabell Decker (@dressingoutsidethebox)

Decker defines her Instagram and blog as a “personal plus size style blog.” Although supported by 10,300 followers, Decker’s artistic message has a wider reach. She creates pieces for women continuously underrepresented in the industry.

Photo courtesy of @dressingoutsidethebox, Instagram

5. Audrey Leighton (@frassyaudrey)

After Leighton studied English literature at Durham University, she started snapping photos of what she calls her “student-on-a budget” wardrobe. Eventually, she moved to Paris and pursued fashion blogging as a career. Her hobby has evolved into an impressive following of 65,000 people.

Photo courtesy of @frassyaudrey, Instagram