Five instant foods for days when you feel like doing nothing

Photo courtesy of Elsie Hui, Flickr

Photo courtesy of Elsie Hui, Flickr

We all have those days when we can’t muster up the energy to cook ourselves a meal. Or the days when we’re simply tired of the repetitive options that the dining halls offer. When those times come, all we want is to crawl into bed and and eat. These five foods require minimal effort to prepare, and will be there for you on your laziest days. All college students should get acquainted with them.

1. Instant Noodles

Every college student’s ultimate go-to for instant food, a cup of instant noodles is the perfect solution whether you’re in search of a good meal or just a snack.

2. Easy Mac

Kraft has created bliss in a cup by giving college students an easy way to make a childhood favorite with a microwave and some powdered cheese.

3. Hot Pockets

The trend “when mom says she bought pizza rolls” on Twitter exists for a reason. Pepperoni and melted cheese encased in fried dough beats anything found in the dining hall or anything that I could make myself.

4. Pop-Tarts

When you’re running late for class and you don’t have time to swing by the dining hall or whip something up, a great alternative is a Pop-Tart. Delicious warm or cold, Pop-Tarts come in a variety of different flavors for all suitors.

5. Oatmeal

If you’re looking for a healthier breakfast option that is also quick and easy to make, oatmeal is a great alternative to Pop-Tarts. With some water and a microwave, instant oatmeal can be heated up for a great meal in the morning and also comes in a variety of different flavors.