The Music Center to hold overnight event

Sleepless: The Music Center After Hours is happening this Friday from 11:30 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. That’s right — a middle-of-the-night extravaganza featuring brand new spaces and plenty of activities in The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, which is certainly a change of space from where usual performances are held.

Dance the night away wearing headphones and “silent dancing” to various DJs, or under the disco ball in the Founders Room. LA Record is bringing DJs to The Music Center’s event, so come ready to dance, or at least ready to check out other’s moves. Some of the featured DJs are Money Mark, Ras G, Teebs, Sage Gaswell and Peanut Butter Wolf. Sounds of the ocean — a look at behind the scenes with video artist Carole Kim — and out-of-service photo booths are all available as unique exhibits to be enjoyed throughout the night. Vibe to music and view various projections as you chill out with friends on bean bags and pillows. They even recommend bringing your own comfy seating, as long as it’s not an actual chair. Views of downtown Los Angeles are not to be missed either. If you’re feeling hungry during the late hours, small appetizers and drinks will be available to buy. Purchase your event tickets beforehand for a discounted price of $20, or the day of the event for $30.

This won’t be your typical night out (and in no way boring). Images from last year’s event show dim neon lights, beautiful chandeliers and a crowded room with a hip ambiance. Whether you’re a night owl, feeling sleepless on a Friday night or want to experience an intriguing music and art scene, be sure to check out this event that is like no other.

The Music Center is located in downtown Los Angeles at 135 N Grand Ave., Los Angeles, California 90012. For even more event information or to purchase an advanced ticket, visit www.musiccenter.org/events/sleepless.