Nine situations every foodie will understand

I don’t know about you, but food will always be the way to my heart. Yes, I admit it. I am a foodie. My thoughts constantly revolve around everything food-related. What am I eating for dinner tonight? Wow that burrito looks really good, I wonder where it’s from. Where should I go for brunch this weekend? Sound familiar? Here are nine situations that only hard-core foodies will understand.

1. When you make your friends wait to eat their food just so you can snap the perfect photo for Instagram.

If you didn’t ‘gram it, did you really go to brunch?

1. When your stomach growls uncontrollably in class.

Hungry? Yup, your whole class probably knows it too by the sound of your stomach growling during lecture. Oops!

1. When your entire Instagram feed is food.

If you don’t follow @new_fork_city, @infatuation and @foodintheair are you even a foodie?

1. When you drive an hour out of the way just to go to a restaurant you found on Instagram.

Worth it? Absolutely.

1. When you plan your entire day around food (brunch, anyone?).

A true foodie would never sign up for a Friday morning class because it cuts into crucial brunch time.

1. When you talk about food 24/7.

I’ve been talking about these tacos for twenty minutes, my bad.

1. When your teacher catches you watching food videos in class.

We’ve all been there. Sorry, but cinnamon buns are a lot more appealing than econ.

1. When you plan every meal in advance.

When you’re eating breakfast, and you’re already thinking about what you’re going to eat for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

dreams

1. When your life is just going from one food coma to the next.

Food comas are arguably worse than hangovers.

If you identify with at least two of these, then you can consider yourself a foodie. If people judge, it’s probably because they wish they ate as well as you do. Take pride and embrace your inner foodie!