USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Friday, Sept. 2, and Tuesday, Sept. 6. 

Crimes against a person

At 10:05 a.m. on Sept. 2, a student reported being hit by a vehicle while crossing the street at the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and Figueroa Street. The student received medical treatment for a knee injury sustained during the accident.

At 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 2, a suspect threatened a USC student with a gun, demanding the student’s cell phone and then fleeing to a waiting getaway car.

at 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 3, DPS officers received a report of sexual battery that occurred at the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house that night. The student reported that her buttocks were grabbed without her consent by a suspect, who was sitting next to the victim on a wall outside of the house. The investigation is still open.

at 12:54 p.m. on Sept. 3, DPS officers arrested a suspect who was removing a student’s skateboard from International Residential College. The arrest has since been cleared, according to the DPS report.

At 7:57 p.m. on Sept. 3, a local hospital admitted a non-USC female after she was struck by a motorcycle on West 28th Street and Portland Street.

Crimes against property

at 7:51 a.m. on Sept. 2, DPS officers arrested a suspect for removing property from the vehicle of a non-USC female at 29th Street and Kenwood Avenue. The arrest was later cleared.

At 12:59 p.m. on Sept. 2, a non-USC male’s vehicle slipped into gear, rolled down a hill and struck a tree outside of the Healthcare Center.

at 6:11 p.m. on Sept. 2, an unknown suspect riding a bicycle shattered a window at Subway Restaurant on Figueroa St. by throwing an unidentified object at it. The investigation has since been marked as inactive.

at 7:36 p.m. on Sept. 2, it was reported that a suspect removed a briefcase from the Lorenzo Apartments between 10:00 p.m. the previous day and the time of the report.

at 9:13 p.m. on Sept. 2, DPS officers investigated a report of a suspect removing a bicycle at the School of Cinematic Arts.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 12:43 a.m. on Sept. 2, two students were hospitalized for alcohol overdoses.

At 5:08 p.m. on Sept. 2, a staff member turned in a suspicious letter she received to DPS for investigation.

at 9:59 p.m. on Sept. 2, the DPS Lost & Found received a wallet found at Entrance Gate 6 earlier that evening.

At 11:14 p.m. on Sept. 4, two students were reported to Judicial Affairs for smoking marijuana in the La Sorbonne Apartment complex.

At 3 a.m. on Sept. 6, students were forced to evacuate their Troy Hall apartment after one of the students left an oven unattended for multiple hours, setting off the alarm for unhealthy carbon monoxide levels. Eventually, the apartment was ventilated and the residents were able to re-enter their apartment.