USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Thursday, Sept. 8, and Friday, Sept. 9. 

Crimes against a person

At 1:41 a.m. on Sept. 8, a suspect impersonating an FBI agent contacted a student, stating he was investigated for tax fraud.

At 1:37 a.m. on Sept. 9, DPS received a report of sexual assault that occurred at the Sigma Chi fraternity house that night. The investigation is still open.

At 5:52 a.m. on Sept. 9, LAPD detained and investigated a student who activated a burglary alarm at the John C. Argue Swim Stadium.

At 7:06 a.m. on Sept. 9, a student was involved in a traffic collision at 28th St. and Figueroa St. and was transported to a local hospital.

Crimes against property

at 7:17 a.m. on Sept. 8, DPS detained and arrested a non-USC person for removing a bicycle wheel from a student bike. The investigation is still open.

At 12:31 p.m. on Sept. 8, a student reported her bicycle was stolen in front of General William Lyon University Center from 7:30 to 11 p.m. on Sept. 2. The investigation is inactive.

At 11:33 p.m. on Sept. 8, a student’s vehicle window was smashed in the Exposition Blvd. Parking Structure. The unknown suspects removed two phone chargers and a bluetooth adapter.

At 7:10 p.m. on Sept. 8, an unknown suspect smashed a student’s vehicle window near Centennial Apartments and removed clothing and a bowling ball. The investigation is now inactive.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 1:10 p.m. on Sept. 8, a driver backed into a building with his vehicle at the University Parking Center. No injuries were sustained.

At 12:34 p.m. on Sept. 8, a false alarm sounded at Webb Tower due to a faulty smoke detector.