Osa Masina charged with rape, two counts of forcible sodomy

Osa Masina, the suspended sophomore USC linebacker involved in multiple sexual assault investigations, has been charged with one count of first-degree rape and two counts of first-degree forcible sodomy, according to a police spokesman with the Cottonwood Heights Police Department in Utah.

According to Masina’s attorney, Greg Skordas, Masina will surrender to police at the Salt Lake Metro County Jail on Thursday. Skordas told ESPN that bail has been set at $250,000.

The charges came following a month-long investigation of an incident that allegedly took place on July 25th in Cottonwood Heights. Masina — along with redshirt sophomore defensive end Don Hill — is also involved in another investigation concerning an alleged incident in Los Angeles that occurred on July 14th, when Masina and Hill allegedly sexually assaulted the same woman in Hill’s off-campus apartment. TMZ, which obtained a search warrant, reported that Masina allegedly sent videos of the incident via Snapchat to the woman’s ex-boyfriend.

Charges have yet to be filed in the Los Angeles incident.

Masina was placed under “interim suspension” on Tuesday and was also banned from campus earlier this week. Masina and Hill, who has also been suspended, had been allowed to practice and attend team meetings leading up to the first two games of the season, though neither has played in a game.

All of the charges are first-degree felonies, which could bring about a sentence of five years to life in prison, according to Skordas.

Masina, 19, is a native of Salt Lake City and was a five-star recruit out of Brighton High School.

This is a developing story. Check back here for updates as more information becomes available.