3 must-try Indian recipes

If you ever want to add spice to your life, Indian food is the way to go. Here are three of my favorite Indian recipes that you must try at least once.

Chicken Biryani

Courtesy of Guru’s Cooking

Courtesy of Guru’s Cooking

Marinate chicken in about ½ teaspoon of – turmeric powder, salt, chili powder, coriander powder, chopped cilantro, chilies, and mint for two hours. Soak two cups of basmati rice for 30 minutes and then cook until half-done. Take a pan and add 4 teaspoons of oil along with four of cloves, cardamom, one spoon cumin seeds. Once you see this crackling, add green chilies and garlic. Put in the marinated chicken, put a lid on it 15-20 min and then sauté.

Lastly, add the cooked basmati rice to this pan and leave it for 10 min, garnish with cilantro and caramelize. Serve hot with yogurt as a dip!

Chilli Potato

Courtesy of indianhealthyrecipes.com

Courtesy of indianhealthyrecipes.com

Peel and cut potatoes in the shape of wedges and soak them in salt water for 30 minutes. Sprinkle salt, chili powder, and flour along with a little cornstarch on the potatoes. You can deep fry these or, alternatively, bake them until they are cooked. Use another pan and add 1.5 tablespoon oil, chilies, garlic to sauté! Add onions, bell peppers, chili powder, red chili sauce, water and sugar, and ½ tablespoon of oya sauce.

Let this thicken and add ¾ tablespoon corn starch to ¾ cup of water, stir well and pour in pan. Add potatoes and garnish with spring onions.

Mango Lassi

Courtesy of vitacare.si

Courtesy of vitacare.si

This is one of the easiest Indian recipes to make. All you need is 200 ml of plain yogurt, 130ml of milk, and canned mango pulp or extract pulp from 3 fresh mangoes. Add all these ingredients along with 4 teaspoons of sugar and blend well. Refrigerated for 24 hours and serve chilled.