Life is Beautiful Festival set to take over Las Vegas next weekend

Photo courtesy of Life is Beautiful

Photo courtesy of Life is Beautiful

What started as a smaller event has boomed into a must-go to festival for Las Vegas locals and an entertaining weekend getaway for others. Downtown Las Vegas will transform itself to host the fourth annual Life is Beautiful music festival next weekend. Different from other music festivals, Life is Beautiful showcases art, food, comedy and other entertainment.

The festival takes place over three days, Sept. 23, 24 and 25. Headliners this year include Mumford and Sons, J Cole, Major Lazer, the Lumineers, Flume, G-Eazy and Jane’s Addiction. Indie lovers and hip hop fans alike are to be satisfied. Other artists include The Shins, Young the Giant, Zhu, Leon Bridges, Kongos, Snakehips and Galantis, along with countless others. The festival will have four stages set up for music, Downtown Stage, Ambassador Stage, Huntridge Stage and Troubadour Stage.

Eighteen blocks will be reserved downtown right near Freemont Street for Life is Beautiful. The art experience this year includes murals and enticing exhibits that shouldn’t  be missed. Local and known artists will be showcasing their unique displays throughout the festival. ETAM Cru, Crystal Wagner and Martin Whatson are a few of the art headliners.

While great food is now an expectation at festivals, Life is Beautiful is not here to disappoint. No matter what you’re in the mood for or regardless of dietary restrictions, sufficient food options will be available. Nobu, Buddy V’s, Donut Bar, Kona Grill and Maker & Finder’s Coffee are just a few of the 44 food venues to delight your tastebuds.

A lineup of speakers is also planned over the three days. Some of the speakers include Stacy London, Rupaul Charles, Jersey Goldman and Chip Conrad. Take a break over the weekend and head over to hear their stories while getting inspired. Throughout the day on Sept. 23, Cirque Du Soleil performers will be showcasing their talent on Sept. 23 on the corner of Ogden Avenue and Eighth Street.

Blankets, small bags, and empty plastic containers are allowed to be brought into the festival. D; drones, weapons, illegal substances, and selfie sticks, however, are prohibited.

Life is Beautiful tickets are still available to purchase. A weekend pass costs $285 and one day passes are available for $125. VIP and All-In passes, which cost a bit more, include access to private areas and other VIP perks such as lounging areas and air-conditioned restrooms. Shuttle passes and other accommodations can be found online.