USC professor stabbed and killed on campus by student

sgmA USC psychology professor was fatally stabbed on campus by a student Friday evening and the suspect has been taken into custody, authorities said.

The Department of Public Safety  responded at 4:35 pm on the 3600 block of McClintock Avenue to a call of the stabbing.

The suspect was described as male, white with lacerations to his palms.  The victim was pronounced dead on the scene. The victim has been identified as Bosco Tjan.

The Los Angeles Police Department is currently conducting the investigation, and they do not yet have a motive but believe it was not a random act. The suspect reportedly offered no resistance.

A Trojan alert was released shortly after the incident, telling students to stay away from the Seeley G. Mudd building and that there was “No danger to USC or the USC community.”

1. John H. Gleason
    John H. Gleason says:

USC has an abundance of great qualities, but I have to think that safety concerns discourage some applicants.

• Zanther
      Zanther says:

Could you explain how a freak occurance like this connects with you pre existing safe concerns? This event was an outlier. UCLA is surrounded by Brentwood and Beverly Hills and Bel Air and considered a very safe campus yet they had a student-teacher murder too this year.

I just don’t see how your comment trlses to this.article bits almost like a non-sequitur.

2. Susan Eshleman
    Susan Eshleman says:

“Authorities said they arrested Jonathan David Brown, a Los Angeles resident, and booked him in jail.” – LA Times